Saturday, February 27, 2010

beautiful day.


my sisters, learning synchronized swimming


my sisters, interesting creatures.

long legs, straight hair, thin waist (and with personalities as intruiging as cardboard).
sister nr.1 has got broad hips (to mother's despair). this is, if you ask me, by far her most interesting feature.

watching them from my window as I write this. they're learning how to play golf today, mother's hired a private instructor. "Straight arms!" he commands, but Bianca can't help but to look like spaghetti.


toplist of things mother's forced upon my cotton candy-brained sisters and which they have failed at:
1. synchronized swimming, sister no.2 looks more like drowning celery than anything remotely graceful.
2. piano, but they're still struggling with pieces I learned when I was nine.
3. golf, it's been 30 minutes but all they've done so far is to scar the lawn.
4. singing, don't know what that is but it sure isn't a tone.
5. french, 4 months in Nice and countless baguettes later they still couldn't carry a conversation with the maids (but Bianca's hips looked even bigger, if possible).

10 comments:

  1. you don't even KNOW bianca, maybe you should spend more time with her and get to know her???

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 months in Nice? that sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...my parents used to make me go to piano lessons - and then music school and I remember I truly hated it because I knew I was not the brightest pianist ever, to put it delicately...But that was when I was a kid, and I don't know how old your sisters are, so maybe it's a completely different case...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Golf, isn't it horrible? My mother forced me to play a long time a go, I still remember it being one of the worst things ever. It's a great way to ruin a nice walk, I think Churchill said that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder how the stranger knows Bianca... perhaps they aren't a 'stranger' but a familiar who is frightend to reveal their identity.

    Maybe the 'countless baguettes led to the wider hips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty writing darling. Kind of sad.

    Much love,
    Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photo :)

    http://hopechella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Misery: they're 18 and 19 and I think the difference is that they believe they're the greatest at everything. and then you have my mother, who also believes them to be greatest talents ever put on earth. but too bad you hated playing the piano.
    Belle in arms: oh, I couldn't agree more darlin
    Big Mark: I'm sure that's one of my sister's 'friends' .. how strange isn't that, that my sister's friends read this blog? ...

    ReplyDelete