Thursday, February 25, 2010

the world, it's yours

temple in Chiang Mai, Thailand


2010's only begun but still father's managed to travel and visit more cities than I've ever done during my 15 years here on the planet.

Baghdad
Bangkok
Lisbon
Copenhagen
Stockholm
Rio de Janeiro

since it pays for her newly imported coffee tables from Venice, mother's not complaining (does she even miss him?)

I know what he's doing though.
I would too, if I could.
it's not easy staying sane in this house, God knows I've failed.

9 comments:

  1. I am thinking you are a young lady, perhaps in her teens.

    What I get from this entry is that the complexities of your parents relationship baffle you. I remember how when I was young, I didn't understand the purpose of that kind of marriage, if I am vibing this right.

    But what I did gain as I grew older is the perspective that I needed to at least comprehend what makes a relationship like that of your parents happen. Hopefully, you won't have to experience and you will know of them only from objective knowledge of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's plenty of time left for you to travel too...I would love to see more of the world...if only travel wasn't so expensive!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baghdad? I'm really jealous, those cities sound amazing, I wish i could go to any of them! I'm going to Rio this summer.

    I can sympathize with your point that its not easy staying sane.
    xxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. last line of this post - killer. Sadly, I know how it feels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baghdad?

    Oh my god. I really want to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds so sad. I'll go insane soon I believe. Hang in there!

    Much love,
    Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  7. **hugs** Sorry things are so hard at home. My parents had a horrible relationship so I can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't worry so much... I love that picture, thanks for posting it, it's very relaxing...I wish I'd be there...

    ReplyDelete